Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall
Hadrian's Wall at sunset

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Gonna Do it!

Thanks, Dale. Thanks, David Wheat.

I made the decision and I'm putting my first historical novel up on Amazon as a Kindle
e-book.

I'm also going to use Smashwords to get the book up on Barnes & Noble, KOBO, and all the other I-Pad devices and e-readers.

For the last two weeks I've been formatting the book for publication.

Dale says I won't have to worry about my brain going to mush because I'm stimulating my brain by learning all the HTML stuff.

A lovely young lady, Miss Chrissy Page, is designing the book cover. She is awesome! I can't wait to see it.

I am just about done with the Kindle formatting and I'm still working on the Smashwords version. (They both have different requirements.)

I am getting very excited about actually doing it! Publishers and editors have been telling me for years that the time periods of my first two books are nearly impossible to sell. So it makes perfect sense to publish the first two books as e-books. I sure hope they find an audience!

When I get the cover, I'm going to preview it here.

Ooooh, I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! What a huge decision, but I think it's going to work out really well for you. I can't wait to see the cover and buy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know, Renee. It can be my first book on my new Kindle. Yay for you!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I promise to write back!