Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall
Hadrian's Wall at sunset

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Website and Conference Time!

It's time!

I leave tomorrow for St. Louis and the ACFW Annual conference. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Excited, because I get to be with lots of other writers and attend some dynamite classes designed to help me improve my craft.

Nervous, because for the first time, I will be "pitching" my novel to agents and editors in fifteen minute blocks of time.

Saturday night is the Gala semi-formal dinner. This is when the winners of the Genesis and Carol Awards will be announced. I am one of three finalists in the Historical category.

I would also like to announce that my wonderful husband has finished revamping my website. Please check it out and leave a comment. On the site I have an excerpt from my first two novels, and also my third WIP, (That's  writer talk for work-in-progress.)  Instead of the 5th century, this one is set in Boston in 1848.


www.reneeyancy.com


I will be blogging about the conference when I return! I'm so excited!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be sending you happy vibes Saturday night. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee- God bless you and have a great week! We can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying God will bless you through the events of this week. Larry

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I promise to write back!