Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall
Hadrian's Wall at sunset

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Writer's Conference

I have just returned from a writer's conference in California. Twenty writers. Three men and seventeen women.

I thought I might be the oldest writer there but lo and behold - there were lots of people older than me. All writers. And all deeply interested in getting their writing published.

I made some wonderful friends - Robin, Rae, and Sunny, to name three.

The conference was run by an agent named Kelly Mortimer. What a powerhouse of energy! She does the work of three people at once and she is going to be my agent. (She isn't yet but she will be.) I will have book(s) published. I will affect lives with my writing.

One of the conference sessions was on the power of positive confession. You can see the results of this in the preceding paragraph!

Oh, how wonderful it was to sit and converse with other writers. To talk about the power of words. To sit in the natural hot springs spa and watch the moon through the fronds of palm trees.

Did I say how much I enjoyed the conference? I returned from California with new inspiration, fresh hope and a strong determination to keep pushing forward on this writing journey.

1 comment:

  1. Renee, sounds like a very inspiring time!! I'm glad you got to go and I am sure we will see the fruit of it in months to come!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I promise to write back!