Hadrian's Wall

Hadrian's Wall
Hadrian's Wall at sunset

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm turning into Shirley Marchowsky!


This is my friend Shirley Marchowsky looking very serious. I worked with Shirley at St. Joseph's Hospital in New Hampshire in Endoscopy.

Shirley is a lovely girl, inside and out. She is a lot of fun to hang out with and she has a great sense of humor.

When I worked with Shirley she only had one fault.
She was never on time for work. We started at 7 am. Sharp. Shirley would clock in at 7:03 or 7:04. Sometimes 7:09 or on a really bad day, maybe 7:15.

The funny thing is that Shirley only lives about a mile from the hospital. So I could never understand how of all people it would be Shirley who would always be late.

I understand it now.

Now I live only one mile from the hospital I work at here in Paducah, KY.
And I was late again this morning. Is it because I live so close that I think I have more time than I actually do? That's what Shirley used to say.

Shirley, I understand now. I've turned into you.

1 comment:

  1. Late or not...your still one of the best nurses I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you and I promise to write back!